Madison County Premium Livestock Sale
Saturday, July 15, 2023 @ 9:00 AM
- Sale will begin promptly at 9AM
- Complimentary Buyer's Hospitality Lounge will open at 8AM and will include breakfast, lunch, snacks and a variety of adult beverages throughout the day
- Grand/Reserve Champions and Premier Exhibitors will sell at the beginning of their respective species
- Sale order will be Dairy, Swine, Goats, Sheep, Poultry, Rabbits, and Beef
- ----Final sale order will be posted prior to the sale.
- Champion animal showcase for viewing in the Franklin Barn
Exciting Updates for 2023:
- We are now offering and encouraging the option to pay the day of the sale via credit card or check. This will help expedite check processing for the youth exhibitors. A 3% processing fee will be assessed for credit card payments.
- While the premium sale on July 15 will remain a live auction format, you now have the option to do Add On (Boost) contributions to any individual exhibitor online via a website called Fair Entry. The online Add On option will open on July 13, 2023 and will remain open until July 19, 2023. Paper Add On forms will also be available the day of the sale and are available **here**.
Please note – the online option is for Add On contributions only. There will NOT be an option for live auction bidding online.
- If you are an established buyer, you should receive an email before July 10 from Fair Entry that provides information on how to log in and complete online Add On (Boost) contributions if interested. The website for online Add On (Boost) contributions is madisoncounty.fairentry.com
- If you are an established buyer and do not receive this email, you can simply navigate to the webpage above, enter your email address, and click "forgot your password." You will then receive another email with a temporary password.
- If you would like to register as a new buyer, you may also visit madisoncounty.fairentry.com and select "register as a new buyer."
- Add-On/Boost sheets are available here
Live Animal/Packer Purchase Options:
Bids for the purchase of swine will be accepted until Tuesday, July 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm and the remaining animals (beef, dairy feeders, sheep, goats, poultry and rabbits) will be accepted until Wednesday, July 12, 2023 @ 5:00 pm. You may submit your bid in writing to Crystal Tubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org . If there are multiple bid submissions per species, the top two bidders will be given the opportunity to bid against each other to secure the winning bid.
Final Packer Bids
Swine $0.45/pound - R. Horney Livestock
- Beef Feeders $1.05/pound - Larry Nicol
- Market Beef $1.55/pound - R. Horney Livestock
- Goats $2.875/pound - R. Horney Livestock
- Sheep $1.78/pound - R. Horney Livestock
- Rabbits $1.00/pound - Seth Mayabb
- Chickens $6/head - Ahmad Fram
- Ducks $5/head - Levi Wilson
- Turkeys $11/head - Ahmad Fram
- Geese $5/head - Levi Wilson
Pick-up for Swine will be at 10:00 pm on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Pick up for Rabbits and all Poultry will be at 11:00 pm on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Pick up for goats, sheep, market steers and dairy feeders will be on Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 9:00 pm
If you have questions about the sale, please contact the following individuals;
Crystal Tubbs, Chair of Sales Committee - email@example.com or 614-571-2067
Hope Thornberry, Administrative Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-506-0937
Paul Gross, President, Senior Fair Board - email@example.com or 757-589-9000